Friday 9 November 2012

A Bit of Bloggy Stuff and Calling All Guest Posters.

I've just spent the past two hours contemplating moving this blog over to wordpress, even going so far as to create an account and export every single one of my blog posts and comments over to said new account. Then I realised "hang on a minute, I have a domain" and proceeded to try and move said domain name over to the new wordpress account only to really mess things up. There's also the fact that wordpress wanted to charge me an arm and a leg for the ability to use the domain name I'd already purchased through blogger. So after two hours of wrestling with complicated internet stuff I called it a day and deleted the new account and came slinking back to blogger.I'm not going to lie, I felt like a bit of a traitor when I started to build the new blog and I'm glad I realised before I hit the delete button on blogger how much I loved this blog. 

Plus, starting from scratch when I've had nearly 60,000 visitors just seems a bit rubbish.

So, in celebration I've decided to completely do over the design of this blog. I'm staying right here and you can expect lots more historical posts in the future and I've got loads and loads of ideas.

I'd also like to extend an invitation to anyone who wants to do a guest post for me. If you're interested then please do drop me an email at samantha@loyaltybindsme.org - you'll all know by now that this blog is primarilly an Italian Renaissance/Seventeenth Century England blog but I will accept pretty much anything as long as it's historical.

There will also shortly be an announcement regarding a project I've got in the works. I really want to tell you all about it RIGHT now but it's gonna have to wait a little while. Keep your eyes peeled though and all will be revealed soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to both spam and some rather nasty individuals all comments will be moderated.